
Still sorting thru a few of yesterday's issues. I guess if I'm not saying anything I shouldn't be saying it doesn't matter. If my page is public and I want to rant about someone or something I'll have to keep in mind it can be removed from the blog page but can still be read other ways. And if I want to share all parts of my personality, I should be aware that those who think they know me might learn extra stuff.
Good lessons.
To balance out that last post, here's one of a much more positive nature. Celebrating friendships!
I have a few really wonderful friends! If I had time to go thru my picture boxes I could post pics of me and all my besties. But today, I can only introduce you to one. And she's a real sweetie!
Jacqueline and I met when I rejoined an astrology group that she had become president of. I took classes from her for awhile and eventually accepted a committee position with the group. It's a small group, but she works hard to get us the best speakers each month. We've had Jacob Schwartz, Tom Jerome Roma, A.T. Mann, Ann Plantier, Basil Fearrington, Meira Epstein, Jackie Slevin, and soooo many other terrific astrologers. And when I told her how knowledgeable Zane Stein was on Chiron and of course other aspects of astrology, and how much a few of us in the group wanted to have him come to lecture after I'd chatted with him on Myspace for awhile, she set out to bring him to town.
Aside from our astrology connection, Jac is a Mom and a Grandmom so we have lots to share there too. She has a pretty big family and her house always has lots of good energy. She's a terrific cook, has a great sense of humor, and loves all her friends and family very deeply. You get it, she's AWESOME!
The picture of us was taken recently. I know this because I had to Picasa, Photoshop, and Picnik it 'til I was happy enough with my fat self. LOL The lighting had to be just right, try to give it an artsy look. Yeah, I know, give all THAT a break. I'm trying to get used to this woman who sneaks into the mirror and looks back at me. I'm trying to make peace with her. It's much easier to do that with friends who embrace us for all that we are and tell us we're wonderful even when we don't feel it.
Of course I'm very blessed with a good family, but we don't get to pick the people who we're related to. Friendships begin over so many different reasons and when they continue on with mutual love and respect they should be celebrated!
Friends are the family we pick.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
Great photo! What a nice post about friendship. I haven't made many new friends since we moved here (almost a year now!) which I think has led to me blogging more and more.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found my new site! I am trying to let everyone know where I am now.
WOW, M….you said a mouthful here.
ReplyDeleteAnd you’re SO right…friendships SHOULD be celebrated.
There should be a new holiday...Friendship Day!
(maybe there is one)
To be honest with you…I have closer relationships with my friends, than I do with certain family members.
I don’t have a lot of good friends, but the ones that I do have…I cherish them.
Good friends accept and love you…no matter how you are.
Hey…this friend of yours, Jac…sounds like an awesome lady. And I’m so interested in the fact that she’s an astrologer. I’d like to meet her someday. Is she in your area?
Wonderful post, M!
P.S. And I really like the photo of you guys. Look at that AURA!
I am very close to my mom...but in general, my friends are my family. And I feel the same way about my blogging friends. I think of them that way anyway :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd I did scroll down to see the rainbow pictures your daughter captured. They are amazing. It's cool that she had a nice blue sky for her background unlike my eerie orange one!
Hi pretty lady! :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos!!!
I especially love the one further down with you wearing the purple sunnys! :-) xx
Great picture! Good friends are what makes life fun and worthwhile. Glad you're back!
ReplyDeleteAnndi, isn't it so true that friends really are like family, and so special because we chose them!
ReplyDeleteRhea, I cannot imagine living near you and not wanting to be friends! But blog friends are pretty cool too!
Your new page is awesome.
Ron, you are right, friends accept us like others can't. Yes, she's in NJ and currently studying for her astrology certification. Yes, there are levels to be tested in that. Of course the reading prices are higher for those certified, as with most everything else.
Kat, my daughter liked photography in high school, maybe she'll get back into it again now that she has a beautiful son to photograph!
Giggle, thank you sweetie! I love those glasses, only wish I were still thin like I was in that pic! lol
Nitebyrd, thank you and you are absolutely right!
I wasn't gone but a day, how silly I thought I'd take a break. LOL