Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lenny Kravitz - Love Revolution (Blues Version)

I had a long commentary to go with this that covered a little bit of music and a little bit of politics. Sheesh, no wonder that
either blogger or youtube dumped it. :(

Well, anyone who knows me, knows I love me some Lenny. Yes, Aerosmith will always be my favorite band, and U2 runs right up there too. But I've got 7 cd's of HIS and they are all terrific. I saw him a few years ago, with Aerosmith, on MY BIRTHDAY!! He rocks in such a soulful and funky way. And he speaks of things that mean something to him. In an interview I heard him say that the world will not improve if things continue the way they are.
So it's always time for a 'love revolution' that starts with communication because it's really the same with many people just wanting love and to have a good life.
He tries to put good energy out into the Universe each day. If we each did that I imagine we could start to see good changes.

As I rambled on about Bush and how much I 'hate' him I was reminded again that I am still part of the problem. Yes, it's bad right now. The economy sucks, gas prices are crazy, more continue to die in Iraq, but if we all do a little better at working together instead of just bashing the side that opposes us
then maybe we can find better solutions.
It's okay to just start where we each are. And do it TODAY!

Another song that I LOVE
is called 'Black Velveteen' and I encourage you to CLICK HERE TO WATCH. His inspiration came from seeing how so many are addicted to technology. Even personal relationships are difficult to keep because we give up so easily. Hopefully a synthetic human will not become a a replacement in the future that we can turn on and off at will.

The video is sexy and artsy in a bit of a creepy way. You be the judge. While you're watching, I'll be DANCING.
Peace, Mary

5 comments:

  1. What an inspiring post, M!

    You've shared some wise and wonderful wisdom here....

    (I can hear the passion in your voice)

    And I thank you for that!

    I've always loved Aerosmith too. They remind me of a wonderful and happy time in my life.

    Their sound is TIMELESS!

    And I will definately click on the link your shared here, cause it sounds AWESOME!!

    Thanks again for this post!

    I REALLY enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahem... what were we talking about? Politics? um... sorry...Lenny kinda made me loose my train of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely post. Wish that I could see Lenny, but I'm on my dad's computer and it moves at snail speed. LOL Ah well. Later I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron, I've seen Aerosmith many times in concert but my favorite was when they played with Lenny on my birthday. How cool was that!!!!
    Fiwa, Yeah doll I'm afraid he DOES have that affect.
    Jules, Lenny is AWESOME, so if you haven't heard much by him do check some stuff out sometime!
    Bichonpawz, had I gone on more about Bushie I would not have been feeling peaceful. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!