Presented by Jules on a lovely silver platter over at Just Because..., here's another fun Meme! If you like, you may take it to your blog and do one for yourself and let me know so I can come by and read it!
1. What does your name mean?
Well, by birth, I am Mary Catherine. Named after a Catholic Nun no doubt. But being I couldn't find any purple habits, convent life wouldn't have been for me.
Mary is Hebrew, meaning bitter.
Catherine is Greek, meaning pure.
Hmmm.... which one do you think suits me best??? Family cannot answer.
My blogger name is 'crystalchick' and I chose it because I love to make jewelry that features Swarovski crystals.
1. What does your name mean?
Well, by birth, I am Mary Catherine. Named after a Catholic Nun no doubt. But being I couldn't find any purple habits, convent life wouldn't have been for me.
Mary is Hebrew, meaning bitter.
Catherine is Greek, meaning pure.
Hmmm.... which one do you think suits me best??? Family cannot answer.
My blogger name is 'crystalchick' and I chose it because I love to make jewelry that features Swarovski crystals.
2. Where was your profile picture taken?
I used to have a profile picture of moi wearing purple glasses with a bit of a smirk on my face. Center pic in the collage.

I really like the picture because it's sooooo my personality, but I've gained alot of weight since then so it's not really reflective of me. The picture to the left of the one with the glasses is probably closer.
The new one, 'Give The Dangerous Bitch Her Chocolate' is getting closer to the truth these days. LOL I need chocolate to survive! And the picture is vintage. And that so reminds me of Anne Taintor, I love some of her art.
3. What is your current relationship status?
Married for almost 25 years. Okay, it won't be 25 'til November, but who's counting. He's a sweetie.
Married for almost 25 years. Okay, it won't be 25 'til November, but who's counting. He's a sweetie.
4. Honestly, does your crush like you back?
Ooooh, yes, he DOES!!!! Hooray for me!
5.What's your current mood?
Well, I've had a little chocolate so I'm not as dangerous as some people would have you think, but I'm definitely not in the hap, hap, happy stage yet. I've got alot of cleaning to do as the maid seems to like taking Fridays off. Note to self: fire that maid. OH wait, we only TALKED about getting a maid..... damn, I was wondering what the heck was going on around here.
Well, I've had a little chocolate so I'm not as dangerous as some people would have you think, but I'm definitely not in the hap, hap, happy stage yet. I've got alot of cleaning to do as the maid seems to like taking Fridays off. Note to self: fire that maid. OH wait, we only TALKED about getting a maid..... damn, I was wondering what the heck was going on around here.
6. What do you like to do the most?
Make new pieces of jewelry, spend time with friends, visit with my grandson, hang out with the kids and hubby, go to movies, read, listen to music, photograph stuff, delve into astrology charts, BLOG.
Make new pieces of jewelry, spend time with friends, visit with my grandson, hang out with the kids and hubby, go to movies, read, listen to music, photograph stuff, delve into astrology charts, BLOG.
7. What makes you happy?
All of the above plus more chocolate, having a recipe turn out just right, selling jewelry, a beautifully colored sky, a trip to Barnes and Noble, the full moon, learning something new, snuggling in bed with honey at night.
8. If you could go back and change something, would you?
Hmm.... not usually one for regrets, but I suppose I would go back to right after my Dad died, when my sister and I started losing our relationship. I don't know how I would have prevented it because sometimes relationships just need to end for whatever reason, but it's still a big hurt for me to not have her as a best friend anymore.
Hmm.... not usually one for regrets, but I suppose I would go back to right after my Dad died, when my sister and I started losing our relationship. I don't know how I would have prevented it because sometimes relationships just need to end for whatever reason, but it's still a big hurt for me to not have her as a best friend anymore.
9. If you MUST be an animal for one day, what would you be?
I'd be a George Dubya. You know a beady-eyed cold blooded killer with limited brain capacity. Just for a day. You know, to see what it's like, but then right back to being human!!
I'd be a George Dubya. You know a beady-eyed cold blooded killer with limited brain capacity. Just for a day. You know, to see what it's like, but then right back to being human!!
10. Something you do a lot?
Morph into Snarky Bitch. She's uptight, she's naggy, she's sarcastic. But she's the only one who knows how to clean so I have to bring her out alot.
Morph into Snarky Bitch. She's uptight, she's naggy, she's sarcastic. But she's the only one who knows how to clean so I have to bring her out alot.
11. What's the name of the song stuck in your head right now?
OH still singing along with Lenny. The Love Revolution tune that's on the cd has a very good energy. By all means, check out the non-blues version here.
OH still singing along with Lenny. The Love Revolution tune that's on the cd has a very good energy. By all means, check out the non-blues version here.
You are a child of the most high, there's nothing you can't do and that's no lie. You were designed to use your mind, to move what you can't see so don't be blind.....
12. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
I was in a few high school musicals, but seriously only because they needed bodies to fill the stage. I have NO singing ability at all. Don't even hum well.
I was in a few high school musicals, but seriously only because they needed bodies to fill the stage. I have NO singing ability at all. Don't even hum well.
13. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Here's four:
Boris Karloff, his daughter Sara Karloff, Harpo Marx, Sai Baba (don't ask)
14. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Just one thing?? How they treat who they are with.
Physically, the eyes have it, but smile and voice are up there too.
15. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Venti Soy Hot Chocolate with 3 pumps choco instead of 5, 2 pumps vanilla instead of 3, no whipped cream, no foam.
16. What is your favorite smell?
Depends on my mood. My favorite flower is a lilac, so that smell always reminds me of childhood and the huge bush we had in our yard. My neighbor has a gorgeous lavender bush in front of her house that I cut stems from often and have them in little vases around my house. Perfume, I tend to like some heavy oils like Patchouli and Opium, however lately I've been spritzing Anais Anais. Because I enjoy aromatherapy I have lots of assorted oils. If my sinuses are acting up, peppermint and eucalyptus is a nice combination, for when I need to get clear headed lemon and orange are nice, if I'm feeling more intense get out the Vetiver and Ylang Ylang!
Depends on my mood. My favorite flower is a lilac, so that smell always reminds me of childhood and the huge bush we had in our yard. My neighbor has a gorgeous lavender bush in front of her house that I cut stems from often and have them in little vases around my house. Perfume, I tend to like some heavy oils like Patchouli and Opium, however lately I've been spritzing Anais Anais. Because I enjoy aromatherapy I have lots of assorted oils. If my sinuses are acting up, peppermint and eucalyptus is a nice combination, for when I need to get clear headed lemon and orange are nice, if I'm feeling more intense get out the Vetiver and Ylang Ylang!
And....fresh baked things are always welcomed. Anything from cookies to italian dishes with garlic.
Have a great weekend!
lol... #10! Snarky Bitch does the cleaning at my house too! Dang, that is weird - how does she get around like that?!
ReplyDeleteI might tag myself for this one - it was fun. I like the purple glasses picture and I see no difference in the one next to it. They're both you.
LLLLovins!
fiwa
Love the purple glasses and what a great job you did on the meme.
ReplyDeleteAnd you know, that Snarky Bitch?.... like Fiwa says........ she really makes the rounds. She's visiting me right now, and I don't even have any cleaning to do! Go figure.
OoO that one looks like fun, and I love your answers.
ReplyDeleteHello you .."bitter-pure" woman you!
ReplyDeleteThis is an AWESOME meme, M!
I love the info about your name.
The colliage of photo's is freaking fabulous! I love the one of you in the middle. I always love red hair on a lady (Julianne Moore). And not everyone can carry it. When I did hair for a living, I use to enjoy turning woman into redheads.
Hey...this is funny, because your birthday and my birthday are BOTH on one of the Marx brothers.
Mine is shared with Groucho!
(go figure)
Also...we share the same obession for chocolate. Mine is dark. The more bitter...the better. And isn't it amazing how chocolate makes the world a better place?
yummy!
I too enjoy heavier scented oils. They seem to smell best on my skin.
Thanks for sharing such interesting things about you, M!
I really enjoyed reading this post!
Have a wonderful weekend, dear lady.
It's going to be a HOT one!
Fiwa, OH yes do tag yourself. Memes are such fun! I'll come by and read it for sure.
ReplyDeleteJules, she sure does move fast as I just got rid of her and she's found you and Fiwa that quickly. LOL
Burfica, thank you , go right ahead and do it!
Ron, thanks much. Of course I am not a natural redhead....shhh.
Those Marx bros. must have been pretty cool to share their days with US.
Ew, I'm feeling the heat already. Thank gawd for a/c in my car!
Happy weekend all!!
Ooooh! I really like your picture collage. Very Warhol-ish!
ReplyDeleteDon't take this the wrong way but you're the woman who's always in front of me at Starbuck's who I want to punch in the head! LOL
(I never would but ...)
Nitebyrd.... bwwwaaaahhaaaa! I've felt your presence behind me before, I KNOW IT. LOL
ReplyDeleteActually....
I wouldn't be punched in the head for my drink taking too long to order as most of them know me and have a good bit, if not all of it right. They might ask, do you get whipped cream? And I say no, and then start chatting about how I will save that for later *winkwink* or just convo about any ole thing depending on who's working.
This is where you might start swinging. I'm paid, my drink is in hand, and me and one of the baristas are still chatting. LOL
Oops... sorry. Did you want to order something???
LOL
Have a great weekend!
I do like this meme, Mary, I may have to steal it!!
ReplyDeleteI love all the pictures of you!!
Hey girl - re the googlereader thing - updating a post doesn't cause it to show as a new one. I do that too - I ALWAYS miss at least one spelling error. But if you start a post and then save it as a draft - it can be seen in googlereader. So just something to be aware of. Kinda ticks me off, because I used to start a post and work on it for a day or two before posting. Not any more. :)
ReplyDeleteSo don't worry - no clogs.
HUGS!
fiwa