Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Could you do it??

Jay Shafer lives in a really tiny house.  He builds them too.  It's a neat idea!  It certainly would make one really think about what they need and want to have at hand.  Think how much you would save on utilities!  And, of course, it's wonderful for the environment too.

Now, I do live in a fairly small home (bungalow) compared to some of my friends and family, but I definitely don't think we could downsize to something that was only 100 square feet.  What do you think?  How small could you live??

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, indeed I could, Mary. See my blog post on happyluau: http://bit.ly/a1KI9m I am looking forward to the days of tiny houses!! Nice video! xoO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I never answered your question. Not 100 sq ft as he has, forget that. The shower thing is too tight. But 400-600 would be just fine for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! I definitely could live in that house. It's got everything I could possible need or want. Plus, it's adorable!

    I'm pretty sure you already know this, put I've lived in studio apartments my whole life and I love it.

    I find the that more minimal my lifestyle is, the more I enjoy life.

    Great post, M!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind downsizing but certainly not that small! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would need a touch bigger bathroom. hehehehe I saw this on the news the other night. If I was single I could, with a bigger bathroom, but not with the family I have now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are times when I think I could do this. Or at least have one in the backyard for when I need to get away from it all. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if he builds twins...I would need one attached next door for my art supplies alone :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!