Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

AC with Alex

Ron's been wanting to go kayaking all summer.  I told him I'd go (not my favorite activity though) and he almost took me up on the offer since Fall is almost here and the rental place will close soon until next year.  Sadly (for Ron, me... not so much) we got too late a start and couldn't go.  Plan B turned out to be a road trip to Atlantic City with our grandson.  We were going to watch the baby that night but he caught a cold, and his sister was coughing too, so we agreed to just take Alex for awhile.  Sometimes the last minute decisions are the best.  We had fun!
 
Atlantic Ocean
King of the Ocean
If he only had a surf board.



The Rainforest Cafe is a fun place.  I don't know how many locations they have currently but we've been to them in PA, Disney in FL, Niagara Falls, and NJ.   Alex with Cha Cha, the tree frog.  







Instead of looking out at the ocean... Alex saw amusement rides all the way down the boardwalk and used the viewer to see them closer.  
Back to our house for more eating.
The kids ask to make their mommy a card when they come over.  Mimi has lots of supplies in the craft cave.


What did you do this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. " Sometimes the last minute decisions are the best. We had fun!"

    They sure are!

    Mary, I love going to the beach/shore at this time of the year because it's not as crowded as the summer. It's quieter.

    Great photographs! Especially love the shot of you and Alex at the table. And the shot of Ron and Alex walking towards the hotels is awesome. Reminds me of Miami Beach, Florida.

    Gorgeous capture of the sun over the ocean. Bellissima!

    Happy First Day of Autumn, my friend! Have a super week!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun! Great pics! I've been to the Rainforest Cafe in Vegas, but that's it. How sweet that they want to make cards for mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Looks like lots of fun! I have been to the Rainforest in Disney as well! There is also one near me in Boston but I have not yet made it there. I will definitely need to make that trip soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I miss the Atlantic Ocean, and how that surprises me, as when I lived in Halifax, I did my best to avoid the water. People DO change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the weekend we had a visit from daughter who is over from Australia and working in the Channel Islands. It was lovely to see her.

    I enjoyed your trip out with your grandson and I love the photo of him and Ron walking away from the camera. Don't know why but that kind of shot always appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kids have a way of brightening our days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ron, in one of those little shops in front... CUPCAKES!! Oh, you know we bought a couple. Alex already chose his sweet item at another store so I just got one for myself and one for Ron. Choco with choco icing and Choco with German choco stuff on top. YUM-O!
    Happy Fall to you, too! xo

    Bijoux, it's a neat place. Someone told us the one in AC had closed, or was going to. We were glad to see it open. The food is decent. I had chicken salad with tarragon on a croissant and steamed veggies. Half the sandwich came home with me.

    Cestlavie, I have only tried a few items so I don't know how their whole menu is. We only got sandwiches that day. Alex loved seeing the animals move (once he knew they weren't coming out of the jungle to get him) and the thunder and lightening storm every half hour was fun too.

    Lorna, Ron loves the ocean, says it's so peaceful. I enjoy being there, at the Jersey shore, seeing the ocean and walking the boards. The power of all that water though, that is a little scary to me.

    Val, how nice that you had a weekend visit with your daughter!! The last time we went to AC with Alex I got a couple of pictures of him and Ron going to and from the water. It was a long walk from the boards, thru all that sand, to the ocean. Well, my hip joints said so anyway. haha!

    Birdie, yes, they do! Alex is a chatterer. OH, yes he is. I told him he could take a little nap on the way home if he wanted. You think he did... uh, NO! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will see the Atlantic again in just a couple of weeks! I can't wait! I miss the sea!
    I love the Rainforest Cafe in Vegas!
    I love impromptu grandkid visits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!