Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

56-21

Seriously.... 56-21??? YES, 56-21!!! I was a bit surprised but really thrilled for the Philadelphia Eagles and their fans.
On Sunday, the Philadelphia Eagles had their official 'Throwback Game' marking the 75th season. The team wore the original blue and yellow colors from the Eagles' inaugural season of 1933. The colors were chosen back then because Philadelphia's flag was blue and yellow. Still is, but maybe with a different center design?
And here they are.... the uniforms that so many were cringing about. I don't know tho, they aren't really that bad IMO. Remembering and celebrating the past is a good thing. Over 600,000 votes selected the 75th Anniversary Team and some of the alumni came to the City for a VIP dinner on Saturday night and a half-time ceremony on Sunday. I think the nostalgia and good vibes of the weekend were what Philly needed to get back to business. 0-2 isn't a great way to start a season but this Sunday they definitely showed up to play and made all their fans happy!

While I don't usually watch a whole game, this one no exception, what I did see was pretty interesting and it was great to hear that they had broken some records. The yardage for the first half totaled 473 yards - the most in a half by any NFL team sinc '91, when stats for that were first recorded. Scoring a touchdown on their first five possessions, they set a franchise record with 42 pts.
After Donovan struggled thru the last two games he certainly played well on Sunday. He's not my favorite player... not that I really have a favorite.... but to give credit where it's due, he worked hard this weekend. Also, Westbrook, Curtis, and the entire team EAGLES.... thank you for giving an all out exciting performance and for showing honey there's hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!