Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Note to self: Sleep in next time.....

We all love Dr. Steve, he's a great doctor. He has a funny sense of humor, and is enjoying a thriving practice. What I'm not terribly fond of are those exceptionally displeasing INJECTIONS. This is my second one in a series of three. Actually, this was just him 'marking' the spot before actual needle time. Yippeeee, I get to go back for another one! Another note to self: Before next visit, pound down 3 shots of hard liquor. Everclear all around, shall we!? Meet me behind Dr. Mengele's office at 8:45 a.m. in 3 weeks.

Well, the good doctor is treating me for a neuroma which is basically a group of inflamed nerves on the bottom of the foot. The first injection didn't hurt too much but this one was pretty painful for some reason. While he did use a freezing spray to numb the area it must have been really aggravated in there as I could feel what could have been a drilling rig looking for oil. Or was that all part of his insidious plan to get his darling self some of MY blog time?????
Not to worry, 'home away from home' was my next stop. While they don't have anything stronger proof than Starbucks coffee...powerful enough... I did meet my friend Kimmy there. After we ordered our Venti Soy Cocoa and Venti Black tea delightful conversation ensued and I got to temporarily forget about the gaping wound inside my sandal.

With Kimmy starting the school year tomorrow (bus driver) and I needing to do a zillion things before Ronnie starts his first day of 9th grade, also tomorrow, we eventually had to part company with hugs and promises to get together Sunday for a bbq. Home to the drudgery......
Most days it's really not so bad. Us SAHM's just find our grooves in one way or another and eventually it all gets done. We can't expect anyone to help or do it for us that's fer damn shittin' shure. I know this because when I did get in this afternoon the house was in complete disarray.
I wasn't planning to say anything. But at some point words were exchanged with a member of the household who shall remain nameless. *here's where I stare at stretch marks from first born child and just shake head* I'm sure she didn't intend to be horrifyingly disrespectful with unnecessary backtalk when I mentioned that living at home for FREE (zero, zilch, zippo) might sometimes want to give an individual incentive for occasionally helping her Mommy Dearest out around the house from time to time. Maybe even on such days when she's hobbling slightly from the morning with Steve, D.P.M., the fiendish madman. She's a tough cookie tho. No sympathy from her for me today. It wasn't HER mess after all... just general house clutter... and besides, if SHE could get thru major foot surgery all those years ago, I could certainly deal with a little needle.

Ah well..... I must have been on a bender the year 'Kindness 101' should have been taught at home. My mistake. So I had just a little cry. One of those 'if I can't get a little commiseration I'll be a martyr for an hour or so' cries. Not hysterical, yet just enough to achieve a little compassion from aforementioned pregnancy from hell creator's father. Just one more reason I love this man...... awesome back rubs.
Overall tho, I did manage to get some other things accomplished today before, during, and after the pity party. The bathroom finally saw some cleanser, the dishes aren't still building a maze to the roof, the wash is caught up...'til tomorrow anyway... and dinner was a delish combination of homemade stewed tomatoes with Romas from honey's garden, sauteed string beans, Jersey white corn on the cob, and pan-seared wild sea scallops and lemon juice. After watching Cash Cab and Jeopardy, spending some time with the doggies and reading some emails I find that I'm not really so upset about anything. Infact.... QUITE

Later blog lurkers. *muuaahh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!