Pages

Friday, September 14, 2007

What's for dinner??

Tomatoes from Ron's garden have been PLENTIFUL this year! After simmering them in a little water for about 15 mins. the skin starts to break away and makes peeling them very easy. I then crushed them, added assorted spices, garlic, onions and a couple green peppers (also from the garden) and let everything simmer about 2 hours. I cooked the meatballs half-way in a skillet with a little parmesan and garlic and then added to the pot of sauce. YES, I call it SAUCE. My Italian friends call it gravy. To me, gravy is the brown stuff you put on meatloaf or mashed potatoes. Well, I'm certainly not a food photographer, but here's my picture of tonight's dinner! It was yummy. On the side was a loaf of garlic bread but I bought the store brand this time.... never again! It had a bunch of ingredients, none of which were appetizing. Next time, fresh baguette with butter and garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!