
When hubby gets a day off, if the weather is nice, he loves to ride his Suzuki. Today was a beautiful day! He met up with a friend and fellow biker and headed to Historic Smithville. I picked up our friend's wife and we met the guys there for lunch and shopping. They were wandering around the car show when we arrived but had already made lunch reservations for us all. We had a great time! At the small shop Tomasello Winery has there you can sample different wines. Today I tried 'Cape May Red' and it was very good. It's a light red table wine made with a combination of DeChaunac, Villard Noir, and Landot Noir grapes. They make an ice wine also, but I didn't taste any as we still have a bottle of one that we got while in Canada for our 20th anniversary. Hmmm.... wonder how well it ages as we're approaching our 24th anniversary and we've yet to drink it. I don't know why.... I really love wine! :)
Note to self: OPEN THE ICE WINE SOON!
After the guys left to ride back home, Kimmy and I wandered around a little longer. I asked a couple of the car owners if I could photograph their beauties and they graciously allowed that. One gentleman even asked me if I wanted to sit inside for a picture. At first I was a little hesitant but a couple of ladies walking by said they would take take the picture for me. Since I have never been in a 1930 Model A, it was kinda neat to sit in one for a couple minutes. When I got home and was showing hubby pictures he found it so funny that I was actually invited to get in the car. Most of them at the show had signs specifically saying to only look and NOT touch, so we were very careful to be respectful of that, knowing the care and expense owners of these cars go to maintain them. He lovingly joked it was like a scene out of the Woody Allen movie 'Zelig' where he sort of just appears in a bunch of different scenes and fits right in. LOL He said if there was another Moon landing, there I would be, in the background somewhere waving and smiling. LOL




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!