Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Enough about YOU, let's talk about ME!

6 MORE RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME!
Tagged by Giggles! for this fun meme I agreed to come up with 6 more things. If the first few way way back in the blog weren't enough, then there were the 100 things, and the 100 more things. Thankfully, I've only got to figure out 6 more things. Hmmm. What to say, what to say.....
OH wait, I know:
1.) I really dig the B-52's. Okay, I guess I mentioned already that I saw them a few years ago with the Go-Go's and the Psychedelic Furs and what great fun that was! Today they are in Philadelphia. They did a free concert on 88.5 that I had blasting out the car windows on my drive home from being fabulous somewhere. Tonight they are playing at the Electric Factory and I would soooooo love to go but I've got to be up at 4 freaking 30 in the morning to pack the car for a show. In case you feel like seeing an old video of them, check out the You Tube link. It's not my favorite song, but pretty close. Watch this>>>Private Idaho

2.) I was a majorette in high school. Do they even have them anymore?? I guess some proof would be appropriate so check out chickie in the early 80's! LOL




3.) When I get some free time (what's that??) I'm going to plan 'A Murder on the Grill' mystery party. We got it for Christmas from friends who heard about how we used to host these parties and wanted in on the fun. Should my character be Barby Q or Tiara Diamond?? Here's a picture of moi from about 10 years ago dressed up at one of the 50's parties we had. My character was Deirdre C. Deucer.... a.k.a. Dee C. Deucer.... ( the seducer). Gosh that costume wasn't very seductive. I look more like a cross between Laverne DeFazio and Shirley Feeney. LOL And yes, I even decorated our dining room to look like a Malt Shop. Are you starting to get just how FUN I am?!?!



4.) I saw my grandson being born. Because of some complications, he had to be taken by emergency C-section but you'de be surprised how fast I can get the camera ready, jump into some scrubs, and apply lipstick. You know, just in case the Doctors needed me to do a presentation or something.



5.) I think LOST is the best show on t.v. We watch it every week and have the old seasons on DVD which I need to watch over the summer to try and figure out some stuff that I'm sure I missed. It's confusing and very complicated but they are going somewhere interesting with it I'm sure.

6.) I bought the new Lenny Kravitz c.d. today. Saw him with Nikka Costa a few years ago. Terrific energy! But don't take my word for it, go HERE and see for yourself!

So I guess that's my 6. Just more of what you wanted to know but were afraid to ask! If anyone wants to do this meme, go right ahead!
Have a great weekend. :)

9 comments:

  1. Lost is the best show ever. I'm a hopeless addict and kind of like always being strung along. I like the anticipation of figuring something out.

    I even have several Lost themed shirts. One with the numbers, one with the Dharma Swan Station logo and the other with the Hanso Foundation logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOST also. Awesome show. I'm jealous of commentor James above who has LOST T-Shirts. Too cool!

    How awesome you were able to see your grandbaby born. I love how you were able to jump into scrubs with your camera and lipstick, ready to go. lol

    You were hot in high school! Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is WONDERFUL!!!!

    I love finding out things about people.

    FUNNY lady you are!!!

    Ok...you and I have much more in common than I ever realized...

    First, I LOVE the B52's too. And I cannot believe they were here in Philadelphia this week!!! Damn...I missed, The Love Shack!!!!

    Secondly, I ALWAYS wanted to BE a majorette! I use to twirl american flags around on the Fourth of July in the back yard, and pretend that I WAS!

    (do they even have BOY majorettes?)

    Thirdly, I use to perform in a Murder Mystery Show when I lived in Florida. The company was called, Sleuth's Murder Mystery Theater.

    And you DO look like Laverine and Shirley. What a great imagination you have, to create a Malt Shop!

    Oh...and the photo of your grandson is SO precious. How wonderful that you were with him, as he was being born!

    What a great meme, Mary!

    Thank you for sharing!

    P.S. Next time you have a Mystery Show...can I be in it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO COOOOL!!!

    I was just having a blast only last night singing B52s on Singstar!!! (That may explain why my voice is strained and I'm a little hung over *GiGGLeS*)

    AWESOME Piccy! You remind me of Wonder woman!!! :-)

    So AWESOME that you got see the birth of your Grandson! I want my Mum to be with me too when I have mine!

    I LOVE MURDER MYSTERY GAMES!!! They are sooooooooooooooo fun!!!

    AND LOST!!!!!!!!! IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yep!!! You get an A+ for this meme!! *GiGGLeS* xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know they had lost t-shirts! I must have one!

    I always wanted to be a majorette. I coveted the boots - I really did.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    fiwa

    ReplyDelete
  6. James, for awhile it was getting a little stagnant, now that they know an end date they can start putting some things together. Hopefully anyway. Cool shirts!!
    Rhea, yes, I think it was your mention of LOST that I first noticed about your blog! Yes, seeing him come out, even that way, was cool. Hot?? LOL Oh where did my youth go???

    Ron, that's a cool tune... Red Roof, Rusted!! But I really like 'Dirty Back Road' ... well, so many others tho too!! Majorettes was fun but I was always self conscious because I wasn't thin. Murder Mysteries are cool, it's been such a long time that it'll take me awhile to plan it, but I think our friends will get into it! Hey, it'll be a bbq and the neighbors can watch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giggle, LOL I hadn't thought of that, but I guess the costume sorta does give that impression.
    I only got to go into the operating room because her boyfriend let me at the last minute because I bugged the crap out of them and my daughter was a little drugged so she relented as well. LOL
    In a regular delivery room, you can have a small party, but in the O.R. only one. Atleast here anyway.
    Fiwa, I soooo want a couple of those shirts too. We better do a little online research!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya, I love the B52's as well. Shantaram is one of my favorite books. Have you read "A Fine Balance" by Mistry. You must! My favorite part of Shantaram was the description of his withdrawl and the explanation about endorphin regeneration. I had no idea. I have a new respect(?) for addicts. I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie,
    So glad to hear you like Shantaram too, the movie should be awesome with Johnny Depp! Right after you commented I actually went and got A Fine Balance. I'm only about 20 or so pages in, just about getting some background on Dina Delal (sp?) and looks likes it's going to be a good one! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!