Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

Om shanti shanti Vizsla

I really love this picture of Ollie, our Hungarian Vizsla. (click to enlarge) It was just one of those lucky shots that caught him in a blink. So in case you were wondering if he really does meditate peacefully by himself every morning... NO, Vizsla's don't do anything alone. Ours is not as high energy as they usually are, but he's definitely as clingy as they come. Not called 'the Velcro dog' for nothing. They love people and want lots of attention. Ollie would be much happier if you were sitting on the chair with him. He eats with us, sleeps with us, follows us to whatever room we are in. He likes his morning snuggly time under the covers on the couch next to where Mommy is blogging. We have another dog, a Black Lab/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix that we rescued, but Ollie knows he's still number one! And if for a second he thinks he might not be the bestest dog in the whole wide world, he gets nervous. Yelling at him is a big no-no because his little red tail will shake and quiver and you can almost see the white hairs popping out from worry. He needs daily reassurances. Don't we all though? Hey, I feel some grays sprouting.... send me some love people! ;)

12 comments:

  1. Not the attack of the grays! Which are gennerally accompanied by the blues.

    No worries, were here for you.

    That really is a great picture of your pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ollie my dear boy you are looking rather dapper in your chair. You must be looking for your mom. I like the pose. Hope we see more photos of you you're a rather handsome fella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ollie is beautiful!! I've never seen a dog like him before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a very pretty dog. Do you take him on vacation with you? Or does he have a special place that he goes. My dog goes to my mother-in-laws when we go out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Pointer has separation anxiety. Used to pee on the floor when we yelled at him. And he would chew everything up and I mean everything if we left him inside when we went somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks very regal on his chair!
    What a great dog - does he do well around other dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool looking pic!

    Yeah I can relate to sprouting the greys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment... thought I'd pop in for a cuppa!! :-)

    WOW!!! I thought that picture was like one of those professional paintings that people pay millions of dollars for!!! :-O What an AMAZING PICTURE and your dog is just STUNNING!!!

    Had a steaky beak at your work too... you really are truly talented my lady!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for visiting my place
    my mum has recently taken up making jewelry but not to thi standard

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have an award waiting for you at my blog. :o) Come and get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello All:
    Jeff, yes his red is real, my red is fake. He's a good dog!
    Rocket, Thanks so much for visiting me. I do love my people very much!
    You are a cutie too. :)
    Crazy in A, Thank you. My hub saw this breed and fell in love. There don't seem to be many here, we went to NY to get him.
    Valarie, We don't go on a long trip every year so we've only had to board him once when we went on the cruise 2 years ago. It was a nice place with comfy spaces and they had t.v.'s along the kennel wall that played animal shows all day! He was probably missing us, but they treated him well!
    For day trips we take, he stays home and now has the other dog to keep him company. They are partners in crime! LOL
    Burfica, Ollie would get that way sometimes. Now he's much more settled and will just wait. We still can't yell much tho.
    Fiwa, he is purty! Yes, he's okay with other dogs. He fights and bites with our other one, Rev tho. I have a super soaker water gun tho and when they hear me pumping it up, they separate! LOL
    Hammer, thanks! Yeah, we're not getting any younger. :(
    VBF, thanks much. I'll take a million bucks for the picture if you're offering?? LOL Sometimes you just get lucky with the camera, I'm no photographer. Thanks for looking at the jewels too, I enjoy doing it.
    Lady in Red, thank you. I'm sure your Mom will love it too. It's addicting!
    Rhea, oh you are such a sweetie! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one VERY distinguished-looking doggie!

    ;->...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!