Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Found a new site

While looking for some questions to send a blog buddy I stumbled upon That's My Answer! and found it to be a neat site. I think I'll 'borrow' these for myself today and if you visit me and care to do the same, I'd love to hear your answers!
You’ve just received the fantastic news that you and a guest have won an all expense paid trip to Destination Unknown.
The catch is:
1. You leave NOW.
2. You can only bring the clothes on your back.
3. You’ll find out where you are going when you get there.

Are you going to go? What clothes will you be traveling in? And lastly, where do you secretly hope Destination Unknown is? Where do you hope it’s not?

OH I would love to be soooo spontaneous as to just pick up and go off on a real adventure.... so I have to say, YEAH, I'll go.

Unfortunately, with no advance notice my wardrobe will always be fairly simple. Today's ensemble consists of a black t-shirt with a white OM symbol on it, very baggy light blue jeans, and tan anti-slip socks. Okay, I know.... instead of traveling I should be off to the nearest Mall for something better than this, but in all fairness I did have to rush out this morning to get my son to a program he's participating in with his school and didn't really pay much attention to clothing. Or for that matter, hair, makeup, bathing, etc. OMG, I'm a horrid beast today.

I think for this journey I'm hoping it will be Munich to view the biggest public festival in the world! Oktoberfest!! The 174th annual is currently in full swing so I'd just blend right in with the crowd. Hubby (he'd be my guest of course) and me would wander around all the different beer tents and snack halls and eventually find a table where we could sit and sample all the wonderful foods and beverages. While enjoying the atmoshere of Oktoberfest, we'd dream of a return trip and talk about all the places we'd love to see. For me it would be the Palaces of King Ludwig II (especially Neuschwanstein Castle), their world-renown orchestras, and fabulous museums. Because it's a multifaceted cultural metropolis, you would need a whole vacation to take it all in. So come on, tell me this wouldn't be a fun trip!!! ;)

Where do I hope this 'Destination Unknown' isn't going: Anywhere on a CRUISE SHIP. I won't even elaborate on that here because I need a blog dedicated to just that topic and will do so sometime in the near future.

Happy travels!

9 comments:

  1. You brought to mind a 1980s "game show" from British TV... I can't for the life of me remember what it was called it was on BBC2 if that means anything to you and featured a Chinese woman bowing to a yellow teapot with the supplication: "gronda gronda your royal highness"... then they went trecking thru the universe on a black and white road and had to be most careful not to fall off into cyberspace...
    hmm this means nothing to you does it? seeing as you're American... I could tell that by your purple shades: no Brit would ever be that jazzy at 12:11 on a Sunday...
    oh dear I am rambling I found your comment at Mutley's (?) or someone like that's blog hmmm
    come to my blog if you like all comers are welcome there; my daily confessional
    see ya!

    Gledwood
    "Vol 2"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. see I wasn't bullshitting about that prog it was called The Adventure Game and if you click this link:

    http://www.challenge.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=9dc627b145e5771475e88e2d3c011c8c&postid=67717

    and scroll down you'll see the Gronda phrase in capitals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. No.... sorry, it wasn't ringing any bells. I watched ALOT of t.v. in the '70s/'80's but must have missed that one.
    I love the idea of being considered 'jazzy'...
    ...unless of course in Britain that means weird and nerdy or something?? LOL

    Thanks so much for stopping by.... I will be visiting your blog any minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being that I'm in my pajamas I'd have to hope for a destination where I cold purchase some serious clothes and some killer shoes then perhaps take in the city and the such...hmmm..maybe Paris? SO generic but I love it there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Princess,
    I've never been to Paris but those I know that have LOVE it there too. I'm in PJ's also... nice lazy Sunday morning. Love it!
    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. no no jazzy is the funky shade of magenta purple you got them shades in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a funky pair of dark burgundy ones too and somewhere is a picture of me in them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would go, without a moments hesitation. Unfortunately, I would be clad in a pair of short shorts that are now too big for me, and a red t-shirt that hangs down past my knees and has a few battery acid holes from when I had to lay on top of the engine of my car to try and change a frost plug, and absolutely nothing else! (I hate laundry day!) I would also have to hope that I could sweet talk someone into loaning me a razor, as my legs are rough enough to sand wood. (I really should shave more often, but things are a bit sparse in the loving department of late, and i would rather spend my time blogging than shaving. LOL) I would have to say that I hope the destination would be North Carolina, for reasons I believe you are aware of. The place I would not want to go would have to be anywhere that is currently really cold, as I am not wearing any shoes, and my tootsies would get cold, otherwise, I am game for just about anywhere but here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hear ya... shaving?/blogging?... hmmmm
    that's a no brainer! LOL
    I've only driven thru N.C. but I think if you did go there it would end up becoming your FAVORITE state.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!