I frequently visit The Huffington Post. I've always enjoyed reading and listening to Arianna. I like the blog alot and read some of the highlighted writers, like Alec Baldwin, etc. Maybe he isn't thought of as the best husband or father with the controversy surrounding his long and drawn out divorce from Kim Bassinger but as an actor and writer I enjoy him. Okay... getting to the real point..... tonight I stopped by and caught a brief glimpse of Esther Dyson's contribution.... Release 0.9: Airship Tour. I only needed to see that title but a second and automatically started to tear up. It's the strangest thing. Seriously, I've been drawn to those old 'airships' for some time. Maybe because my father told me that for a brief time he was part of the ground crew that helped bring them in. When, where, how long he did this I have no idea, it's just a tiny snipet of a memory. But for some weird reason, whenever I view them, see the name, catch anything related, watch the documentary of the Hindenburg, etc. I immediately get a very strange feeling and start to tear up. My nose gets all tingly and my eyes get full immediately. I can control it so that it's not a full-blown crying jag or anything but it's so bizarre to me because it happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I see one.
I don't have any past-life memories of me being someone else and dying in the tragedy at Lakehurst or anything altho I am somewhat drawn to Germany (gee, I even wished the other day in a blogland questionnaire to go to Oktoberfest), the 30's in general, and I've read alot about Hitler, etc. Do I dare have hypnosis for this? NO WAY. I've had hypnosis before.... hubby gave me a session for a past-life regression many years ago and I have mixed views on it. But what if I really did find out something specific? I still don't feel I could handle it. If the emotion is this strong just seeing certain words or viewing a couple pictures I would seriously not want to mess with my psyche over it.
The Huffington Post that name crops up over and over and over and over and over and over and over again I was wondering what the hell it was till I just clicked... oh politics! We might be getting a general election here. That is because it's the Prime Minister's privilege to call one any time they please.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think about Hilary for President? She is the only candidate anyone's really heard of here.
Alec Baldwin?
ReplyDeleteI never saw him there.
Just lots of stuff about supreme court gizmo people... hang on let me "examine" it again...
I used to vote strictly for the democrats... until they started pissing me off too. The last local election I voted for the independants.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure where I stand with Hillary. I like her, she's very well-spoken and quite intelligent, but there is just something I can't quite put my finger on that makes me a little hesitant. Barack Obama I also like but can't see him taking it all the way.
Another interesting political personality is Ron Paul but we'll just have to see what comes of him.
I'm torn most of the time between wanting to believe there is hope for democracy and with the right people in office we can do wonderful things ....and than just feeling that there are about 25 men so rich and powerful that they rule the entire world and none of this smoke and mirror stuff really matters. Some days I can really get into alot of conspiracy theories.
On the top right-hand corner of the The Huff. P is a search bar... type his name in there and you can read his older posts. John Cusack, who I love, did an interview with a woman who wrote ... uh, uh, name escapes me at the moment, but it sounded interesting. I will prolly peruse thru it at my next jaunt to Barnes and Noble.