After watching CNN last night and the results of the NH primary, I was going to blog some political thoughts today. But there's plenty of time for that. Having errands to run anyway, I immediately grabbed my iPod on the way out the door. Most of the time, music is exactly what I need. Having over 500 cd's, it's been taking awhile getting them downloaded, so I'll just do a playlist if I can narrow down what I think I might be in the mood for. Usually it's too mixed up to have any theme though. The only music I listen to somewhat consistently is the local classical station while driving my son to school. I have no idea if the 'mozart effect' really works, but if there's a chance that type of music helps mood or performance I want him to have access to it at the start of his day.
For my listening pleasure today:
'Follow Your Bliss' by the B-52's. I saw them in concert a few years ago. Great fun! The song is instrumental, and the title is my favorite line, it comes from this quote:
"You begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss and they open the doors for you. I say follow your bliss and don't be afraid and the doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be."
- Joseph Campbell
- Joseph Campbell
'Walk Away' by Kelly Clarkson. I don't own a cd of hers, just a couple songs I bought on Itunes. Never was into any of the 'Idol' shows but she's enjoying herself and it shows.
'Beautiful Stranger' by Madonna. Also, an artist I've only bought singles of online.
'Erotic City' by Prince. I saw him on the Purple Rain tour and he's quite an entertainer. Who else would sit in a bathtub on stage. I like alot of his music.
'Loaded' by Ricky Martin. This song has amazing energy. When I used to exercise... oh gawd has it been that long?... his whole Sound Loaded cd got alot of play.
'Shoop' by Salt-n-Pepa. What can I say?? There are less than 10 rap songs that I can tolerate. That is my least favorite type of music. Okay, country runs a close second. But this song works for me. 'Can I get some fries with that shake, shake, booty??'
'Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by U2. So much of U2's music interests me but I do have my favorite songs, this being one of them. I got their autobiography for Christmas. It's a great read and full of terrific pictures of them over the years.
'Paralyzer' by Finger Eleven. Don't know this band, just this song.
'The Pretender' by Foo Fighters. A couple other songs are good, this one rocks.
'Weird Science' by Oingo Boingo. Yeah, title song of the movie.
'Flashlight' by Parliament. Really, don't ask, I know you've never heard it.
'Dig' by Incubus. I liked this song so much I put the video up on the blog recently and bought the single for my pod.
'Given The Dog A Bone' by AC/DC. Not sure how a couple of their songs ended up on my playlist.... iPod glitch, but definitely okay with me.
'Last Child' by Aerosmith. They are my absolutely, positively, hands down favorite band. I've seen them lots of times in concert!
I find that when I really dig a tune it holds my interest for a very long time. I'll mix up the playlists quite frequently and continue to keep alot of variety in there, but will still come back to alot of them again and again. It's so cool to be moved by music, feel how it changes my mood, invokes a memory, gets me fired up, soothes my soul. For me, music is a powerful obsession.
I find that when I really dig a tune it holds my interest for a very long time. I'll mix up the playlists quite frequently and continue to keep alot of variety in there, but will still come back to alot of them again and again. It's so cool to be moved by music, feel how it changes my mood, invokes a memory, gets me fired up, soothes my soul. For me, music is a powerful obsession.
Awww... I LOVE Salt & Pep! I saw them in concert back in the day.
ReplyDeleteAnd 'Paralyzer' by Finger Eleven is one of my new favorite songs - it's a really cool video.
Hi Fiwa, haven't seen the video, will have to find where my MTV channels are again and check some out!
ReplyDelete