The last couple weeks have been a blur really. Trying to get the remaining holiday decorations put away, finally transfer dates/appts. to the new years calendar, organize the tax papers, file my quarterly for the biz, and all the other normal happenings with family and friends. Then the 'puter went KWAAAZZZZYYY again. It wasn't that long ago, a couple months maybe, that we had a virus in the system and after hours on the phone with one techie or another who weren't much help I just bought what I thought was better virus protection, installed it, and started to quarantine items the program suggested. This seemed to work. I also bought an external hard drive and a dvd/cd writer so that I could start saving our photos and making discs of things I wanted to save in case the system went down again. Ooops... I didn't quite learn how to do all that fast enough. One morning the operating system just wouldn't boot up. I tried everything that a person with basic knowledge can do, even banging the silly box with my head a few times.... nothing worked.
I don't know how this stuff really works.... we had the system set to perform it's normal virus/spy scan and it picked up some stuff that day, I sent it to quarantine and voila... system DOWN. This new problem kept coming up as an lsass.exe issue. Confusing, as it could be a virus or some security system in Windows. A couple had the opinion it might have come from some music, others thought email, but bottom line.... no computer.... me SAD! I gave the hard drive to a friend but he couldn't fix/extract files so another friend who does this work for a living will take a look eventually. In the meantime, we bought another hard drive.
I was actually amazed by hubby's new found skills. I now know he is the long lost cousin to the Gates family. Up 'til now, I thought he could only accidentally stumble upon personal emails.... hmmm..... he's getting mad skills now tho and I do have to say, I'm impressed he got things running again. It wasn't easy, as the Ethernet driver wasn't being recognized, the sound wouldn't work at all, the color was wiggy, and a few other things. He got pretty far and then a friend helped guide him thru the rest. Sweet!
So here I am and glad to be back!!!I don't have any picture files at the moment, either from my old camera or my new one, and you know how I LOVE to post them, so I'll be working on that asap! 'Til then just read along as I drone on and hopefully soon there will be new freeze frames of the wee wittle one to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!