Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

Wanna join my rock band??

A big interest these days with alot of kids is the Guitar Hero series. My son just got the 3rd one for Christmas for his Playstation. I tried it for the first time over the holidays. It was pretty comical, I'm sure everyone wondered if I had any rhythm at all. Got booed off the stage right away. Being left-handed we thought that was an issue so he switched the play mode for me. Apparently I just sucked at playing it and almost gave up. Then they bought 'Rock Band' with some holiday money and I gave it another try.
OHHH, drumming is fun! Okay in my case, banging something with a stick, as I'm sure there's some skill and art to actual drumming. This game really should come with a helmet, or atleast some disclaimer saying that flailing around wildly while sitting on a little stool, as one tries to figure out the foot peddle, and watch the notes coming up on the t.v. could cause sprains, strains, cramps, contusions, tingling of the extremities, and some severe wounds to ones pride. But now who am I to back down from a challenge???? I have kids, I have a grandson, I have ....
IN-LAWS. Give me those sticks back and let me have at it again, and again.

Even tho I played on 'easy' level last night, I completed:
When You Were Young by the Killers
Dani California by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sabotage by the Beastie Boys
Enter Sandman by Metallica
Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones
and
Ballroom Blitz by Sweet (really like that song!!) but had to be saved twice. Shhhh.

I've been practicing some on the guitar too!!!
I can complete Gimme Shelter, Blitzkrieg Bop, Train Kept A Rolling, Green Grass and High Tides, and a few others. I'm trying some songs on medium level and I can get Epic, but not Black Hole Sun, Learn to Fly, or Ballroom Blitz, but I am working on it.
Damn.... now how am I to fit in my rock band practice with blogging, cooking, cleaning, the business??? Cooking and cleaning can definitely go. The craft shows don't start until early Spring so I have some time to prepare. I have a husband, now if I can just get a wife for things like cooking and errands, I can blog and jam all day. Life is good. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!