Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Eve

A few friends came over for food and drinks. The Ice Wine we bought in Canada during our 20th anniversary trip ...4 years ago... finally got opened! It was still as yummy and sweet as I remember. We picked up a new DVD game called 'Fact or Crap' and played that for awhile. Hubby and I watched Alex for a couple hours so our daughter could go have a drink with a few friends. Right before midnight we bundled up the little guy, and ourselves, and wandered down to a neighbor's house who have a mini lighted ball set up on their roof for the countdown. Afterwards, we chatted with a few other neighbors and then right back home. We're considering having a big party next year but there are many days between now and then to decide. We're all pretty tired after a long, fun-filled season so we need to sleep on that idea for a little bit. I still think I prefer having the big Christmas party instead, but we'll see....

4 comments:

  1. I like fact or crap. I played it last year. Sounds like you had a nice quiet evening.

    I'm starting to prefer to celebrate in that fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hammer, yes...just enough fun to feel we did something to celebrate but not too much to wish we hadn't. Having our first grandson this holiday was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I wish I had chosen a celebration like that this year. I usually have my neices and nephew over. The hubby, the kids and I all dance and sing in the living room, and at midnight the kids bang pots and pans in the yard as the hubby and I share a toast. (The kids drinking sparkling white grape juice of course.) But this year they all decided they were too old, and I ended up at the bar. Let's just say that I should have stayed at home and leave it at that. (I managed to get off work before midnight.) I guess it is never a good thing to start off your new year with regrets, so i won't regret things i did, but I will use it as a learning tool,and not make that same mistake twice. (Maybe next year I will just come ring in the new year at your big party instead.) LOL. Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn.... oooh, do I want to KNOW what you did on NYE??? YES, of course I do. Hopefully there was no video. LOL
    Even if we have a big party... it'll be tame. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!