Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

Nasty virus #2

Sometimes they get into your 'puter..... sometimes they ravage your body.
OH GOOD GODDESS what a week from hell we had.
One night my daughter's boyfriend wasn't feeling so well, but after eating dinner, he seemed okay. Next day, daughter calls me and says to hurry home she was very sick and needed help with the baby. I sent her upstairs, got him comfy, and then went to town with the disinfectant spray. I got the tables, the phone, the couch, threw clothing into the wash, and started popping pills. I took pro-biotics, garlic tablets, airborne, plus my normal vitamins, just to try and keep this thing from reaching me as I tend to really go down with stuff like that. I didn't get the last virus two or so years ago that came thru so I thought maybe I could prevent it again. I gave hubby and son what they would take and son stayed at a friends house after school the next day.
Unfortunately, the baby got sick, first throwing up, then diarrhea. Called the Doc who sent me for pedialyte. He did end up having to go to the ER a couple nights later but luckily they didn't keep him in. Next day, D's boyfriend came home sick from work and spent a bit of time in the bathroom. He had just said how he rarely ever gets sick. He was really sick. All this time, hubby is sort of nursing a head cold type feeling. I'm giving him extra vitamins, etc. Son came home and within hours was also sick. He missed some mid-terms but needed to be home the next day to recover. He spent the whole day in bed. Somewhere around 4 am the following morning I woke up feeling really narly. I headed right for my stash of pills and downed a pro-biotic. An hour or so later that nice little white capsule was looking up at me from the toilet. OH NOOOOOO. Please...... NOOOOO.
Hour after hour after hour, long after I knew there was simply nothing but organs to come out, I was still sick. Just to throw some more graphics and visuals your way..... both ends were being affected at once. I finally had hubby call the Doctor. They called in a 'script for something that would help me stop vomiting. Thank GAWD. Well, I know I wrestled with whether there really was one a couple times. The pill did work. I was only sick once more after taking it. The next day I didn't see the outside of my bedroom except to drag my sorry ass to the kitchen for a gulp or two of iced tea. I finally managed a half a yogurt at some point. Hubby made tuna sammies for him and sonny boy, the next night they ordered from the deli. It took me forever to get down a BLT on wheat. More yogurt. More tea. He went to Barnes and got me a takeout soy cocoa but it just didn't taste right, you know, nothing tastes good for some time after the rottenawfulvirusfromhell.
So we're just trying to get back to whatever normal is. Had to juggle a few things from last week, reschedule appts., return calls, etc. I think I managed to only miss a couple days of blog reading tho!! When my 'puter was down, I wandered over the library and caught up some there but it's definitely not the same as when I'm tucked into the corner of our living room with my slippers and a warm drink. :)
Hope you all stay well this winter!!!

1 comment:

  1. o dear that d&v sounds like norovirus... literally THREE MILLION people have had that in the UK out of a population of 60,000,000 ie 1/20 already...

    I got the D without the V... quite severely... about a week ago... so glad I'm better now!

    I hope all's well in your house with you and all family by the time you see this

    take care

    xxx

    ;->...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!