When hubby wanted to donate his hair to Locks of Love I was hesitant because I really loved it and was selfishly holding on to something unimportant when he wanted to just do something wonderful. After a nice dinner and some warm sake at a korean restaurant, I agreed to go to the salon with him. I think he's gotten his way with me other times that liquor was involved too, hmmm.... The stylist let me cut his pony tail off and we saved two thin braided strands to remember it. Seems silly now as his hair has grown to this length again and he's almost ready to donate it a second time!
While part of it is a very good memory, looking at this picture now is very hard for me. It was the only time since high school I was thin. Well, okay.... I know we're not talking model skinny or anything, but it was a time that I had been on a fairly strict diet for medical reasons. I didn't eat white flour products, wheat, gluten, and was keeping it very low fat as well. I lost 50 or so pounds and got alot of compliments. While I didn't necessarily feel better physically, my ego was loving it. Since then I've been able to return to my normal diet and gained back everything lost that year. Oooh...a crusty french bread bruschetta... yum. Wheat bagels... delish. I still like alot of low-fat items and have no problem eating fruits and lots of veggies but I must confess, as much as I've tried to stay away, I'm very weak and have fallen into another torrid love affair with pasta. I know, I know, I must give up Mr. Ronzoni's macaroni but it's sooooo satisfying.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!