Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I approve!

I love memes. I don't usually get tagged for them as I don't have too many readers, but of course that does not stop me. I find them on other people's pages and tag myself. :)
This one is 'things I approve of' so let's see how many I can come up with:
1. Random Acts of Kindness ~ I'm seeing this more and more on blogs and it really fills my heart to read how others do these special little things for people. While I do consider myself to be kind, I do not always think about how to be kinder. I want to work on that. Today, I am going to do something extra.... somewhere..... for someone.
2. P.D.A's, otherwise known as 'public displays of affection'. Now I'm not talking about doing the nasty on a park bench. I just mean a hug, an arm around your partner or child, a gentle kiss, holding hands, spending time with someone you love. I remember while driving one day, we passed some farmland. Riding a tractor was an older farmer, and who I guessed was his wife was seated right next to him. I think she was wearing a housecoat. Now, they weren't kissing or hugging, but just seeing her next to him I wished I'd had a camera. It was beautiful.
3. Courteous drivers. Okay, maybe that's an oxymoron anymore.... but there is hope some days. At my son's school a cop is directing traffic on the main road, people are dropping kids off, going to work, trucks are starting their deliveries, etc. and it's so important to just be aware that with some courtesy, a flow does develop. Of course you still get the buttheads who refuse to let anyone in but they'll get held up later some other way.
4. Spending the evening in candlelight. I don't use nearly as many candles as I used to and find I am missing it. While some are sunny day people, I'm more into evening. Maybe it's because in the bright summer sun, my skin and the pigment issues I have are more obvious? I seem to remember always preferring nighttime though.
5. Bushie moving to a galaxy far, far away. One long political rant coming soon......
6. Curling up with a good book. Oh how I love that! I've read so many wonderful ones. I cannot limit them to a specific theme. You can see the list on my sidebar. It certainly doesn't end there.
7. Recycling. We separate paper, plastic, and glass items and put them all out for collection every week. We also use as much as we can for hubby's garden. Some eggshells, coffee grounds, fruit and veggie scraps, etc. I know I can do more but if everyone would just do what they can it would help!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great Meme - I love it! I like anything that focuses on the positive, like blasting bushie out into space and Random Acts of Kindness!

    My dear, if you like being tagged for Meme's, I will certainly keep that in mind. I like to play them occassionaly but I'm always afraid to tag someone because most people don't like being tagged. You're on my hit list now!

    PS, the bracelet below is gorgeous, I can't believe it didn't sell.

    Lovins!
    fiwa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fiwa! Thanks much. It will sell one day when I least expect it. :)
    I'm sure to see some interesting memes now!
    Glad the trip went well and you are back to bloggin'! Happy day, M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!