Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Making good on a resolution

Hubby usually works on Saturday and goes to a local diner for breakfast beforehand, but the job today was cancelled so he got to sleep a little late!! Since we had gone foodshopping last night, I had lots of yummy things to fix him to eat for brunch. I went with my own variation of a Barefoot Contessa dish of herbed eggs cooked in the broiler. Unfortunately, the yolks cooked a little too long.... it's been some time since I've broiled anything.... but he liked the flavors anyway. The other dish was a salad made with fresh avocado, grapefruit, raisins, and a dressing of olive oil, dijon mustard, and orange juice. Also a variation of one the Contessa makes.

2 comments:

  1. Herbed eggs?... sounds... not sure about that

    the photo is nice is it yours or a stock photo purloined from google images like I use ~??~ (shshshshshs!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a little butter/cream in the bottom of a dish, eggs cracked on top, keeping the yolk in tact, herbs sprinkled on top with some parmesan cheese and broiled. Off the top of my head that's basically it.

    Yes, that picture is mine, and the one of the beef dish too. I have been practicing with my new camera. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!