Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday dinner

Tonight's dinner was easy to put together.
Large scallops
Shrimp
Thin spaghetti
Parmesan cheese
Basil, thyme, parsley
Juice of half lemon
Cook pasta as directed on package.
Heat a couple tablespoons of butter and olive oil in a skillet.
Coat scallops in pan searing flour.
Add seafood to skillet, cover with lid, cook until shrimps turn turn pink and scallops are browned on both sides.
Place seafood on a plate of pasta, drizzle with pan drippings, sprinkle with parmesan and spices.
Squeeze juice from lemon on top.

I make a few variations of this dish. Sometimes I use lime juice. I've made it with angel hair pasta too. When in season, Jersey tomatoes on top make a nice addition of veggies or occasionally I saute asparagus, zucchini, onions, etc. You can use wine in the saute too, or in place of butter. Any veggie would be fine. Tonight we had lima beans with browned butter. I happened to have fresh thyme and parsley but only dried basil. Anything works. Also, I've used other assorted cheeses to grate on top. I saute the shrimp in one skillet and the scallops in another. The flour makes the scallop pan drippings much thicker.

7 comments:

  1. Aaargh! I can't do prawns (as we call shrimps over here. I have to say I think "prawns" is a nasty expression I far prefer natural-sounding spindly shrimps that hang about marine aquaria looking slightly vulnerable).... whatever I'm afraid I don't EAT them. (Not halal/not kosher!) The rest of the recipe sounds lovely... I will try it with chicken.

    (hey didn't I say that last time... hmmmmmmmmm.....)

    :-\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it sounds so nice, you see that is the kind of thing I need to get myself eating again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks good I didn't know how to make scallops till now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so yummy! Man, next time I'm coming to supper at your place - I had a crummy tuna sammich tonight!

    That is a really easysqueezy sounding recipe though - and my husband would love the shrimp. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're having your Sunday dinner either tomorrow night or Friday!
    Where have ya been lately? Hope you are ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. speaking of food~::~ I have a sudden insane craving for satay tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all!
    Gled, at a korean market not far from us, you can buy the shrimp with the little eyes and feelers still on there. I got them once as they were less expensive that way but never again. I'll pay for the ones that don't remind me of little NEMO and Company. LOL
    Sapphire, one day at a time, you will enjoy these things again.
    Hammer, do Vegetarians do sea life?
    Hi Fiwa, sometimes I LOVE a tuna sammy! Whatever way you prepare it I'm sure it'll be fab. Enjoy.
    I'm back, and doing okay again, thanks for asking :)
    Gledwood, satay is peanut type sauce, yes?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!