Hubby has given me some interesting gifts over the years, not just for V day. Let's see, there was a telescope, a star named for me, a past-life regression, an iguana, a tattoo of a heart with my name in it, 3rd row seats for Aerosmith, which turned into front row as everyone was pushed forward, a Bose stereo, a gift set of the Bhagavad Gita, and many years of the traditional flowers, candy, and jewelry for assorted occasions.This year, I needed and wanted a craft tent! The one I've been looking at is like this and has side panels that attach and a small awning.
As for romance.... a friend gave him a gift card to an Italian restaurant as a thank you for loaning him some equipment, so we'll probably use that tonight.
What a thoughtful guy. I'm stuck in the candy, flowers and dinner mode.
ReplyDeleteHi hammer, I'm sure your girl is thrilled to get the candy, flowers, and dinner as would many others. Nothing bad about that at all. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's fun tho too to just get those different items at times.
Altho... he did come in last night with 2 boxes of chocolate anyway.
Love the list of gifts. That's thinking outside of the box for sure.
ReplyDeleteThe best thing about getting gifts like those, is that it proves just how well he really knows YOU! While there is absolutely nothing wrong with more traditional gifts, those odd, unexpected ones are often times the most fun. My step father once bought my mother a truck load of used bricks for her Birthday, followed that same year by a load of lumber for Anniversary and a shit ton of glass for Christmas. Wierd right? Not when you know that something she has ALWAYS wanted was a greenhouse! The brick floor is heated by a closed water system that he gave her blueprints for wrapped in a gift box as a "just because I love you" gift. Now that is KNOWING someone! Hugs, Dawn
ReplyDeleteJeff, yes there's been some unusual stuff over the years.
ReplyDeleteHi Dawn! Those are AWESOME gifts. Did she get it finished? Is it still in use?
The only thing hubby has trouble with sometimes is jewelry. He buys beautiful things, but I tend to go for big and gawdy so we were at Boscov's before Christmas and I pointed out a couple rings I liked. They weren't expensive at all, but in silver which I love, I think each were on sale for 30 bucks, but he said he wouldn't have ever picked that style for me. LOL