Pages

Friday, March 14, 2008

Has LOST turned me into a cold-hearted bitch?

Admitting the problem is the first step.
You know you are seriously addicted to LOST when:
*You inform friends and family to NOT call from 8-10 on Thursdays.
*You have t.v.'s on in multiple rooms in case you have to leave one room you can still see/hear it in another location.
*You drop your grandson and his Mommy off at the ER and tell her to call in an hour or so with the update.
Okay... that last one needs some background.
Alex has been sick for a couple days. It's that time of year, and he's gotten a touch of everything we've all had. His latest symptom was a fever. So my daughter was giving him tylenol and the Doc called to see how he was and it seemed to be working. Then late yesterday afternoon his temp shot up to 103.3 and he had to go to the hospital because the office had closed and the on-call Doc usually directs us to the ER where there is a pediatric doctor. I took them over and sat with them for a bit. After the first exam they thought it was an ear infection so they gave him medication and were getting prescriptions ordered. I came home to feed the doggies and make some din and hubby went back to pick them up and go fill the med script.
A couple hours later we gave him a bubble bath... he loves his tubby time...but he was still very uncomfy. He wouldn't sleep or play or eat and seemed to get more listless so D took his temp again and it was up to 103.9... by the time we got to the hospital it was 104.5. This time I stayed long enough for them to start his registration but you can only park at the front of the ER for drop-off and we live just 10 mins. away so I told her I would head home and to call as soon as she knew something. Her honey was almost done work and he'd be heading right there anyway.
Here's where it gets crazier:
As soon as I pulled away from the hospital, I called home because it was a little after 9 and I needed to know what was happening on LOST. In NJ you can't use a cell phone driving and can actually be pulled over and fined so I wasn't holding it.... just placed it in the center console and had hubby on speaker phone. He was giving me the play by play. Where did these 3 freaking lanes of traffic come from on a Thursday night at 9????? I felt like I was in some strange world like in LOST. This show is INSANE! OMG. Do you watch it? Okay, so we all pretty much knew that Michael was Ben's contact on the freighter. His name was in the credits for awhile. But WOW, they flash back and forward and it's just crazy. This whole time travel thing. Jin doesn't make it?? Oh, I'm sad. On his tombstone his date of death is the date of the crash, but that's misleading. Does he stay on the island for some reason, with Locke, or will he be killed off next episode? And when Juliet told Jin that Sun had an affair.... OH MY... I would have done more than slap the nasty meddling ho. But then later when she explains why.... okay, understandable. So now what's with Hurley visiting Sun and taking the baby to Jin's grave in the flash forward. And what about Claire? Is she one of the next to die? Kate somehow ends up with Aaron. And why did the girl on the freighter covered in chains jump? And no one helped or stopped it. With every little tiny snipet of info they give out, you are left with more QUESTIONS.
But back to that little bit about me leaving my babies at the ER! No wonderful granny awards for me. :(
Actually, I have just really been on overload with medical stuff lately and the trip there earlier in the day was my limit. Last weekend, my son was injured on a school trip so he had to see a specialist the other day. Plus, I had 3 appts. myself. One being a cardiologist after a strange incident 2 weeks ago had me calling 911. Things ended up being okay that night and I didn't have to go to the hospital, but I had to do the follow-up.... bloodwork, doc visits, cardio workup. I had a couple tests and was on a 24 hr. monitor the day before. So I really just needed to chill. And since Alex has been back and forth to many doctors and the hospital a few times since he was born, it wasn't shocking like it would be for some. There are times I stay with them and other times I drop them off for visits. Again, we're only about 10 mins. away from both his docs and the hospital. So..... he was re-evaluated, no infection was found, and no reason for the high fever either other than it being some form of what's going around. His fever was going lower and they released him late last night. I haven't seen them yet today but when my daughter came down to fix him a bottle she said he was very congested but had slept some thru the night.

3 comments:

  1. I had to skip part of the post because i'm behind on Lost, and didn't want to find out too much in advance. I LOVE that show, but I'm terrible about remembering to sit down and watch stuff when it's actually on t.v., so at some point I'll go play ketchup and watch it all at once.

    I'm so sorry you've all been under the weather. Goodness - that's alot of dr. time between all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. man I should read farther back in your posts. I thought that it was your baby and you just left him there with no one else. hahahahaha

    I know what you mean about doctors, to many for myself, and when my mom was alive. Now it's dad's turn. uggghhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiwa, It's the only show we are really faithful about watching. But it drives us crazy. I'm half tempted to sit one weekend and watch ALL the other seasons to try and figure out what I'm missing. LOL

    Burfica, LOL I wonder if LOST had been on when my kids were little if I would have??? LOL
    Seriously tho, it seems you understand how it can be at times. Hope your Dad is okay? I'll have to backtrack in your blog and see what's up.
    My daughter, her fiance and the little one live with us, so we're pretty much involved in everything. I saw him being born and was there every day for the first few weeks he spent in the hospital, and other medical things. So yeah... just needing a break lately. He's doing good now again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!