Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2008

You thought your neighborhood was fun.


My neighbor called shortly after I got up and asked me if I'd heard a chainsaw going. I hadn't. She said I was missing a great blog opportunity. Our other neighbor's birthday was yesterday and he gave himself a tree carving. The tree had to come down anyway due to either a bad split or disease so he hired a guy from PA who does designs with his chainsaw. After the wood is carved he burns highlights in it with a torch. Later, when the weather/temp is right, it'll get coated in shellac. Pretty neat, huh??
In my best Veruca Salt voice..... 'honey, I want a tree carving, done up like a domestic goddess standing on a pedestal holding a spatula in one hand and a lipstick in the other. Give it to me NOW! hahahaha
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. that is really very cool. I've seen tons of finished products. I would love to watch someone actually do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, tree carving, that's awesome! I want one now. Good idea for trees that have to come down especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Burfica and Rhea, thanks for stopping by!
    I am curious to know how much something like that costs. Hmm... I'll have to ask him sometime. But what a nice thing to give yourself for a gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!