Yesterday, my hubby and future SIL were on their way back to the truck after work and passed a homeless man selling single roses. Maybe a local flower shop gives those in need a bouquet now and then to try and sell? The roses were open and had blemishes, so a shop probably couldn't make money on them anymore, but the guy selling each one maybe for a dollar or whatever he can get might be enough for his meal that day. My daughter and I were thrilled with the gesture. Thursday, March 13, 2008
Thanks honey!
Yesterday, my hubby and future SIL were on their way back to the truck after work and passed a homeless man selling single roses. Maybe a local flower shop gives those in need a bouquet now and then to try and sell? The roses were open and had blemishes, so a shop probably couldn't make money on them anymore, but the guy selling each one maybe for a dollar or whatever he can get might be enough for his meal that day. My daughter and I were thrilled with the gesture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it when I get flowers just because, even if it's one flower.
ReplyDeleteHow very cool, and I love roses that aren't the typical red or yellow. So very very pretty and thoughtful.
Gold star for hubby for thinking about his wife.
ReplyDeleteHi Burfica and Jeff, Hubby sure is kind and thoughtful. I wuv him!!!
ReplyDelete