Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring cleaning, maybe tomorrow

Pictures can be so kind. Especially when they don't show dust. Good intentions, but I didn't get to finish that project today. And I didn't manage to organize 2 trays of jewelry making supplies either. There are stacks of craft boxes piled up in the corner too, conveniently out of the camera's view and a couple bags of assorted glassware and a few Christmas gifts that haven't been put away yet. I did make the bed though. ;)
My excuse.... we went to a movie. 10,000 BC. Should have stayed home and finished cleaning. Didn't really get the point of it. Some of the scenery was good. But it seemed like it was trying to give an Apocalypto feeling, but with some other tribe and a bunch of woolly mammoths. At one point it's ice and mountains, then it's a hot jungle, then it's dessert and pyramids. I couldn't quite follow it. Add a sabertooth tiger, some strange prehistoric type birds and middle eastern accents and you could easily have questions. I'm not even sure if it was historically accurate. Basic theme: Girl gets kidnapped. Boy goes off in search of her. Takes on armies of baddies with help of new friends met along the way. Well, the popcorn was good!
Oooh, the previews showed the new flick by M. Night Shyamalan coming out this summer. We love all his movies!

4 comments:

  1. Who the hell IS this M Night Shymalan?... what a name! What a name it's sposed to be, yeah I know....

    10,000 BC? That photo is lovely... a perfectly scarlet (not tarty... I just mean evocatively sumptuous) boudoir... evoking aromas of Opium parfum etc etc.... excellent stuff...

    thanks for all your communications

    sorry I've not been back in touch as much as I've liked as computers been giving me gyp with too much pressing return bugs or whatever they are...

    have a lovely week and take care!

    all the very best

    ;->...

    from

    Gleds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gleds!
    Shymalan is the writer/director, (Philadelphia area, but certainly widely known) who did such films as The Sixth Sense, The Village, etc. His movies usually have a strange twist to them.
    Interestingly, I do have perfume oil called Tunisian Opium and have always loved Patchouli.
    I don't have a room in my house that doesn't have some color to it.... living room lavender and purple, dining room burgundy and cream.
    I have had enough 'puter probs in the past to understand. Come by when you can.
    You enjoy your week too!
    Peace, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna see it. I like how the special effects look.

    I wanna see the new Shamalan movie too, (not sure of spelling)

    We love to go to movies to escape the horrid reality of life. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Burfica! We really wanted to see it too. Hub and son didn't pan it like I did. But it's good for scenery and such. YES, a night out is a night out!!
    I'll take that any time. :)
    Happy week, M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!