Hmmm.... not sure. Meaning kind of phoney? I didn't see the flick Spinal Tap, but wasn't it a spoof about a wannabe kind of heavy metal band?
I thought The Kinks were one of the British Invasion groups and pretty popular. The other day I was listening to a Philadelphia radio station and the DJ loves them. And his callers loved what he was playing that day too, some saying how underrated they were. I never had any of their albums but since I was just listening the other day I decided to buy a few singles.
What I mean is that the accent is real in origin, but they've travelled, mixed with people and learned rather self-consciously that the accent is their trademark and so it does sound ever so slightly... not wrong, not phoney, just slightly cultivated...
Hi Mary quick question: what's the local talk radio station to you?
I found one called 77 WABC which has Rush Limbaugh on in a sec it is 5pm local time but midday yours... I've never heard Rush Limbaugh but heard OF him (however you spell it) so I'm quite excited (is he a fascist bastard?)
Hi Gledwood, I heard a few mins. of the show... turned it off. He doesn't interest me at ALL. Don't get me started right-wing christian conservatives who think they know everything. How he found 3 people to marry him I have noooo idea. Maybe it was the cigar??? LOL There's a local talk radio show here in NJ I like, but you wouldn't get it over there.
I know I COME from London but hey when I hear that rock-star accent as in the intro that sounds SO Spinal Tap... know what I mean~??!?!!
ReplyDelete;->...
Hmmm.... not sure. Meaning kind of phoney?
ReplyDeleteI didn't see the flick Spinal Tap, but wasn't it a spoof about a wannabe kind of heavy metal band?
I thought The Kinks were one of the British Invasion groups and pretty popular.
The other day I was listening to a Philadelphia radio station and the DJ loves them. And his callers loved what he was playing that day too, some saying how underrated they were.
I never had any of their albums but since I was just listening the other day I decided to buy a few singles.
What I mean is that the accent is real in origin, but they've travelled, mixed with people and learned rather self-consciously that the accent is their trademark and so it does sound ever so slightly... not wrong, not phoney, just slightly cultivated...
ReplyDeleteHi Mary quick question: what's the local talk radio station to you?
ReplyDeleteI found one called 77 WABC which has Rush Limbaugh on in a sec it is 5pm local time but midday yours... I've never heard Rush Limbaugh but heard OF him (however you spell it) so I'm quite excited (is he a fascist bastard?)
Hi Gledwood,
ReplyDeleteI heard a few mins. of the show... turned it off. He doesn't interest me at ALL.
Don't get me started right-wing christian conservatives who think they know everything. How he found 3 people to marry him I have noooo idea. Maybe it was the cigar??? LOL
There's a local talk radio show here in NJ I like, but you wouldn't get it over there.