Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

100 things

I see on alot of blogs the list of 100 things people tell about themselves and I have wanted to do one for awhile. I managed 5 here or 10 there but today I'm going for the full 100. I hope it's not TOO boring for y'all. ;)

1. I love to read.
2. My favorite book is 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts.
3. My favorite book as a child was 'The Phantom Tollbooth' but can't remember the author right now.
4. I don't like thunder and lightening storms.
5. I love the full moon.
6. I can swim but cannot dive.
7. I'm a Sagittarian.
8. My moon sign is Cancer.
9. I have two mothers/fathers-in-law but have only been married once.
10. I saw the Osmond Bros. in concert in the '70's.
11. I've been married 24 years.
12. I didn't drive until I was in my 20's and only after lessons.
13. I have taken floral design classes.
14. I have one daughter, one son, and one grandson.
15. My favorite flower is a lilac.
16. I've always lived in New Jersey, although I think alot about whether I could live other places.
17. I like wine.
18. My favorite wine is Gewurztraminer.
19. I'm a good cook.
20. The food I make best is probably homemade soup.
21. I talk too much.
22. I have serious motion sickness issues.
23. I'm sure to blog about Geisha sometime, I like them that much.
24. I've been to the ballet a few times.
25. I know alot about astrology.
26. I twirled baton in high school.
27. I own a nice Movado watch and never wear it.
28. I have the skin condition melasma and it's bad in the summer.
29. My favorite movie is 'Dangerous Liasons'.
30. I love alot of other movies too.
31. I have a terrible sense of direction.
32. I love rollercoasters but can't watch IMAX movies without getting sick.
33. Aerosmith is my favorite rock band.
34. I color my hair, usually in the auburn shades.
35. I don't like boats.
36. I sleep on my side and must have a couple pillows and atleast one blanket in all seasons.
37. I love to laugh.
38. I don't like hot peppers, mushrooms, beets, olives, and lots of other things.
39. I secretly wish I could ride a motorcycle but am too afraid to even take the basic course.
40. I lost a spelling bee with the word 'Antarctic'.
41. I don't have any tattoos, altho my daughter has about 12 of them.
42. My favorite color is purple.
43. I had a cat named 'Cinnamon' when I was young.
44. I listen to music every day.
45. I would go to a Duran Duran concert if I had the chance.
46. I watch 'The Young and the Restless' whenever I can.
47. If I could meet anyone on the planet it would be the Dalai Lama without hesitation.
48. My favorite actress is Meryl Streep.
49. I love my friends.
50. I smoked pot in high school and it made me terribly sick.
51. I've also done acid but had no hallucinations.
52. My favorite color clothing to wear is black.
53. I was baptized Catholic but never followed a religion.
54. My favorite Hindu God is Lord Krisha.
55. I have chanted with the Hare Krishnas.
56. I'm easily attracted to people.
57. I don't usually eat breakfast.
58. I have 2 decks of Tarot cards and the 3rd one I want is out of print.
59. I have control issues.
60. My car speakers are pushed to their limit.
61. I wear glasses because contacts didn't work for me.
62. I love to go barefoot.
63. I prefer evening.
64. I loathe diet drinks.
65. I love a warm bubble bath even in the summer.
66. My middle name is Catherine.
67. Candles are one of my favorite things.
68. My feelings are easily hurt.
69. If I weren't married, I would consider bi-sexuality.
70. I wonder how some people take certain things I say.
71. I would like to learn Reiki.
72. I type very fast.
73. I love photography.
74. I need to lose weight... again.
75. My favorite perfume is currently 'Contradiction' by Calvin Klein
76. I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number.
77. I'm easily bored.
78. I'm pro-choice.
79. I think drugs should be legal.
80. I love a foot massage.
81. My favorite job was as a nurse's aid, altho it only lasted a few months.
82. I've been to a handful of states, loved Muir Woods in California and been on two cruises seeing 6 destinations outside the U.S.
83. I went to Niagara Falls with hubby for our 20th anniversary.
84. I've been known to wear some gawdy jewelry.
85. I had my gall bladder out in my 20's.
86. Mt. Everest is fascinating and I have many books on it.
87. I drive a Taurus.
88. I read blogs when I should be doing other things.
89. I'm addicted to the t.v. show LOST.
90. My favorite vegetable is chocolate, er, uh, I mean snow peas.
91. I almost bought a box set of Gilligan's Island at Best Buy last night.
92. I'm very indecisive... or is it undecisive.... probably why I couldn't buy the Gilligan dvd's. Either that or I'm just cheap.
93. I'm not really cheap, I just prefer a good sale or bargain.
94. I've never pumped my own gas.
95. I met O.J. Simpson after the murders.
96. My favorite Shakespeare play is Macbeth.
97. I can spell 'antidisestablishmentarianism' very quickly.
98. I love to create jewelry and have an obsession for beads.
99. I'm a sensory addict.
100. I am sad this list is complete, I could probably go on awhile longer.

3 comments:

  1. I get motion sick really easy too. I used to ride all the wild roller coasters and eveyrthing when I was younger, now I get sick at the littlest motion.

    And I can spell supercalafragalisticexpialadocious pretty fast too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, how have you not pumped your own gas??

    And I think 95 deserves a blog post all of it's own!

    I hearby tag you with the "Another 100 things" meme, and I can tag you, because I've done it, so there. Keep going - I really enjoyed reading this!

    lovins,
    fiwa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Burfica,
    I can still do coasters but definitely no virtual reality stuff with a headset like they had in Disney.
    Oooh, I love Mary Poppins!

    Hi Fiwa,
    Let me clear up #94: In New Jersey, we have gas station attendants so I've never had to pump my own. I would look like a complete idiot in other states sitting there waiting for someone to come over to my car.
    The #95 one isn't interesting enough to blog about on it's own, but I will say that while walking on South Street in Philadelphia one day, a small motorcade came by and lots of people were on either side of this one convertible. I looked in and riding in the passenger seat was O.J. Alot of people were asking for his autograph, yes, a few were calling him names too, but mostly it was friendly. He was in town for an appearance somewhere in the City. I gave my hubby a dollar bill and asked him to get an autograph. I have NO idea why I wanted it. Maybe because everyone else was asking?? Hub couldn't get it. So I grabbed the dollar and walked up along side of the car. O.J. looked at me, smiled, and said hello. He took my buck and signed his name. He apologized, saying the signature was a little scribbly because the car was moving. I said something like, no problem, and smiled back. That was that. I didn't really know much of him before the trial. But it was just one of those strange things you do sometimes.
    Thanks for the tag... I'm working on the next list! ;) Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!