Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2008

5 random things about moi

1. I'm left-handed. I use a fork in my left hand, probably to the horror of the manager at the Indian buffet we like so much...crazy dirty American eating with the baaad hand.... but he smiles and treats us great just the same. I guess in Britain, I'd be fine. But for soup, I read they use the right hand. Here, proper table etiquette is fork in left, cutting with right, then switching to eat with the right or just continuing with the left for Continental dining. I don't know anyone who follows rules around here anyway. Who can keep it straight?? I can use chopsticks fairly well, again... left-handed. So I've probably insulted a few asian diners. Why that girl use wrong hand? She no manners. OMG, I could probably be stoned to death in some other country for the way I eat.
2. I cannot drive a stick shift. Maybe because I am left-handed??
3. I don't know how to program my VCR. Silly, I know. But it's one of those things I never bothered to learn.
4. I'm a registered Democrat. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. However, I have voted Independent on the local level and like alot of Libertarian ideas.
5. 'Follow Your Bliss' is my favorite quote. It comes from the book 'The Power of Myth' where Bill Moyers asks:
Do you ever have the sense of... being helped by hidden hands?
And JOSEPH CAMPBELL replies: All the time. It is miraculous. I even have a superstition that has grown on me as a result of invisible hands coming all the time - namely, that if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.

2 comments:

  1. I like a lot of libertarian ideas too. Live and let live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hammer, I just took one of those internet tests and found that my answers had me leaning left, but in the libertarian section. Cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I appreciate you!