Yesterday, things here were pretty quiet. My son had gone to NYC to see The Lion King. Hubby was working overtime. I decided to do something I'd never done....go see a matinee movie, alone. There's a place not too far from us that is mostly for adults. I don't mean THAT kind of adult theater, but you know, one where there wouldn't be chatty soccer moms bringing vans full of their bored kids on spring break to plop behind me, giggling and kicking my seat. So I picked a movie that wasn't playing everywhere, one that would be a little different. From the online preview, go here and click on 'view trailer' after the intro, I knew Funny Games was going to be a bit strange. WOW. It really was twisted with an artsy edge. It's a heavy movie to sit through but your mind is thinking all the way along. What would I do? What should they have done? Actually, at one point I remember thinking this is a great movie for anyone on the fence about whether people should be allowed to carry concealed weapons. Not that in this setting one would really be packing a gun. It's a flick about a family going to their summer home for vacation. A lake with a few houses scattered around, a boater or two, plans to play golf with friends. I guess most of us just don't think we'd need a weapon nearby in a place like that. WRONG. If you clicked on the trailer and watched scenes from the movie you can see they are a family terrorized in their own home by a couple of young, sick, youths. The only thing that would have worked on them would have been a surprise bullet on any number of body parts because after the father is hit with a golf club and rendered unable to defend his wife and son, it only gets worse. The son gets away at one point, the wife is left alone as well. There should have been something one of them could have done.
Oh I soooooo want to give the ending away. But just on the chance you will go see it or rent it I will stop here.
Don't spoil it - if I can find it around here I just might go. I love that kind of movie. I'll let you know if I do so we can talk about the ending. :)
ReplyDeleteHey thanks for visiting the blog.
ReplyDeleteI've heard about this movie so I might have to check it out on DVD.
A good movie that I'd recommend would be, "The Bank Job." It's fast passed, thrilling, suspenseful and based on a true story which always makes a movie more interesting to me.
You should check it out.
grrrrrrrrr we don't have any decent theater here. One junky one. Small town and all.
ReplyDeleteI wanna know the ending. lmaoooooooooo
Kinda scary.. and unsettling.. *checks locks*
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you go, Fiwa, it was so crazy I'm still thinking about it. Might have to rent the original and deal with subtitles.
ReplyDeleteHello James, It's still in the theater so it'll be awhile for DVD but it was good. I think I'll have to check out the Bank Job, those type movies we like alot too. Thanks for the visit.
Burfica, we have alot of theaters around here, that one is a little more foo foo, you can visit the coffee bar and take a specialty drink in to the movie.
I'll have to remember to tell you the ending. It wasn't so good. LOL
Hi Anndi, it was one of those movies where you think, okay this can't really happen, but then you think, can it?? And you can't even lock the doors because the way the kids came by so casual and dressed the way they were you just wouldn't even think they were so evil.
ReplyDeleteI think anyone might have let them in.